Bank PO exam preparation GK – Set 3
Online Bank PO exam preparation question answer. You can download GK in pdf format.
- The basis of European Unions Legan with the signing of–
(A) Mastricht Treaty (B) Treaty of Paris
(C) Treaty of Rome (D) Treaty of Lisbon
Answer: Mastricht Treaty
2. Near which of the following Forts acquired by Shivaji did he build the Fort of Raigarh, which was to become his future Capital?
(A) Torna (B) Janjira
(C) Supa (D) Purandhar
3. The Vidhan Sabha is–
(A) the permanent house of State Legislature (B) indirectly elected
(C) subject to dissolution (D) has little importance in the State Government
Answer: subject to dissolution
4. Which one of the following was recently declared as “Biosphere Reserve” by the Ministry of Environment and Forests?
(A) Manas (B) Simlipal
(C) Kanchanjanga (D) Pachmarhi
5. In the winter, we get warmer by using two blankets instead of one, why?
(A) Two blankets are thicker, so generate more heat
(B) Two blanket enclose air which does not allow the cold to penetrate
(C) Two blanket compress the air between the body and the blankets
(D) None of the above
Answer: Two blanket enclose air which does not
allow the cold to penetrate
6. A cyclotron can accelerate–
(A) ions (B) atoms
(C) neutrons (D) gamma rays
7. How does the ‘hypo’ used in photography?
(A) It acts as a strong reducing agent (B) It acts as a strong oxidising agent
(C) It removes unreacted AgBr in the form of complex (D) All of the above
Answer: It removes unreacted AgBr in the form of complex
8. The Preamble enshrines certain ideals that were first given in–
(A) the Nehru Report (B) Tej Sapru Report
(C) proposal by C R Gopalachari (D) Objectives Resolution adopted by the Constituent Assembly
Answer: Objectives Resolution adopted by the Constituent Assembly
9. In which one of the following cases, the Supreme Court initially had held that Preamble is not part of the Constitution?
(A) Berubari Case (B) Sajjan Singh Case
(C) Golaknath Case (D) Kesavananda Bharti Case
10. The Attorney General holds office during the pleasure of the–
(A) Prime Minister (B) President
(C) Parliament (D) Chief Justice
11. Falkland Island is recently the bone of contention between South America and Britishers. This Island is located in–
(A) North Atlantic Ocean (B) South Atlantic Ocean
(C) South Indian Ocean (D) North Pacific Ocean
Answer: South Atlantic Ocean
12. Westerlies is the flow water from West to East. It is known as Westerlies because it is under the influence of Westerlies wind. It also increase the speed of the wind. Sometime it is known as Roaring forties, etc. The speed of the Westerlies wind drift is due to–
(A) Corollis force (B) Vastness of the South Atlantic Ocean
(C) Less Landmass (D) None of the above
Answer: Less Landmass
13. Which committee was set up to review the concept of the poverty line?
(A) Dutt Committee (B) Wanchoo Committee
(C) Chakarvarthy Committee (D) None of the above
Answer: Chakarvarthy Committee
14. Finance Commission is constituted–
(A) every year (B) once in two years
(C) once in four years (D) once in five years
Answer: once in five years
15. In what way did Sambhajl throw a challenge to Aurangzeb?
(A) By harassing Mughal armies
(B) By capturing Mughal Forts
(C) By giving shelter to Aurangzeb’s rebel son, Prince Akbar
(D) By extorting chauth and sardeshmukhi from newly acquired Mughal territories
Answer: By giving shelter to Aurangzebs rebel son, Prince Akbar
16. The immediate objective of the Treaty of Purandhar was to–
(A) re1llove the humiliation of defeat and keep Shivaji in good humour
(B) throw a bone of contention between Shivaji and the ruler of Bijapur
(C) place Shivaji on a treacherous course
(D) make him a tool in the hands of the Mughals
Answer: throw a bone of contention between Shivaji and the ruler of Bijapur
17. In the year 1946, who among the following joined the Viceroy’s Executive Council with the finance portfolio?
(A) Mohammad Ali Jinnah (B) Liaqat Ali Khan
(C) Nawab Salimullah (D) Shaukat Ali
Answer: Liaqat Ali Khan
18. What was the pre-Korean War boundary between North Korea and South korea?
(A) 17th Parallel (B) 38th Parallel
(C) 49th Parallel (D) Radcliffe Line
Answer: 38th Parallel
19. Which of the following was not one of the founder office-bearers of the Hind Mazdoor Sevak Sangh formed in 1938 to train labour workers, to assist them to find a suitable field for work and to maintain them in times of need?
(A) N M Joshi (B) GL Nanda
(C) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (D) Jairamdas Doulatram
Answer: N M Joshi
20. Which one of the following countries has replaced Italy as the major importer, of bauxite from India?
(A) Canada (B) Greece
(C) Ukraine (D) United Arab Emirates
21. Which one of the following alkali metals is the lightest?
(A) Na (B) Cs
(C) K (D) Rb
22. Soaps are important cleansing agent and this property is due to their emulsifying action. How does soap enhance the cleansing action?
(A) It has a strong acidic character which can dissolve the dirt
(B) It rises the temperature of the reaction
(C) It breaks triple bond formed between dirt and cloth
(D) It has capacity to render more prolonged the mixing of oil and water
Answer: It has capacity to render more prolonged
the mixing of oil and water
23. What is the concentration of formaldehyde in the formalin which is used in the preservation of biological specimens?
(A) 15-20 % (B) 35-40 %
(C) 65-70 % (D) 75-85 %
Answer: 35-40 %
24. The Ministers are individually responsible to–
(A) the President (B) the House of the People
(C) the Prime Minister (D) the House of which they are members
Answer: the President
25. The candidate for Vice Presidential election must possess the qualifications prescribed for the Presidential candidate except that he must be–
(A) a citizen of India (B) over 35 years of age
(C) holding no office of profit under the government (D) qualified to be a member of the Rajya Sabha
Answer: qualified to be a member of the Rajya Sabha